Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Climax

I did not have any specific expectations for the climax, really. I figured it could go any direction because of the plot taking unexpected turns through out the book. Rachel pushing the goat off the building was such a surprise to me. I did not see that one coming. I truly though that she loved Rick and that in the end, it would work out. Maybe that was the naive part of me, wanting them to have a happy ending. I figured all the androids would die, though. So that was one of my expectations, you could say. So far, I like this book. We never really read anything like this in high school, so it's almost refreshing in a way. Do Androids Dream is intriguing, due to that fact we could possibly have this in the future. I mean, technology is improving everyday. We do not know if cloning is in the future, but it has potential to be. So this book definitely shows possibilites, even though it's simple science fiction. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that I did not see the part about Rachel pushing the goat off the roof coming. It was a huge shock. Although, i got the impression that Rachel truly didn't care about Rick. It is obvious that Rick loved Rachel and really did care for her. At one point I believe he said he would marry her if he could. But Rachel said that she only slept with Rick because now he would not be able to kill androids. Rachel believed by hooking up with Rick that he would have a physical and emotional connection with her and not be able to hurt any other androids. Obviously, it didn't work on Rick because he continues in the next chapter to kill the remaining andys.

    ReplyDelete