Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Scene from Blade Runner

I could talk about quite a few scenes that I did not like but this one sticks out a lot. I did not like the scene where Deckard was saved by Roy. The scene consists of Roy and Deckard chasing each other around, trying to kill one another. Deckard gets on the roof, jumps to another building, and is slipping on the ledge. Roy jumps there too and saves him. Then he sits down and releases a dove, while telling Deckard about his memories being tears. The entire movie we are lead to believe that replicants are terrible creatures. Yet for five seconds, we have empathy for them? I think that is ridiculous. I had this image as to where they lacked a soul and were meant to destruct. My entire mind set was changed. Roy was a psychotic thing while he was chasing Deckard all around the building. I just think it was not the right twist for the end. That showed that the replicants actually had feelings and emotions, yet they killed a lot of people for no reason what so ever. I just don't get that. Also, reading the book made it that much worse, due to the fact that I believed Roy was terrible and did not have empathy for anything. I also believed that Deckard was a human, and not a replicant. It just was frustrated almost.

3 comments:

  1. I disagree, it was a pretty good scene I thought. Roy was saving Deckard because I think that he realizes Deckard is also a android. I think that the entire movie was made to make people believe that, but this scene was made to make people sit back and just think. But I also agree it was pretty confusing and ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I agree with you statement completely, I am going to try to argue the other side of the argument. I believe some people would like to the ending to the movie because they wanted Roy to be a good guy in the end. Roy ended up saving Rick. If Roy was the mean and horrible android that everyone thought he was he would of never saved Rick. This scene proves that the androids, although they are bad, they still have emotions and feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated this scene. It was random and confusing. I don't feel like it even belonged in the movie.

    ReplyDelete