Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Summary/Response & Image Analysis Process

A summary/response is quite simple. It is the summary of the piece as well as your response to it. The summary of the piece is usually between 150-250 words. You use MLA format. In the response, you critique the piece of work and explain it in details, including your own experiences or examples.

An image analysis process is a more complex process. You start off by looking at the authors angle of vision and techniques used. Next, you look at the compositional features. You look at what is and isn't included as well as the product as a whole.

The two papers were not that bad. I realized that my writing style was not up to par when we did the first copy of the first paper. I did not put forth my full effort, therefore I received a 75. That is not the grade I wanted so I redid it and got a 92. I did so much better just by revising my paper. The summary/response paper was easier I thought because I had an idea to feed off of. I had my own opinion about cloning and that helped a lot. The analysis paper is not hard, just complicated. I did not like the movie and it is hard to feed off of that. I liked the book but the movie was very confusing to me. That is also hard to feed off of. The process of the two papers wer similar, just the analysis one had more information I needed to cover.

Blogging helped me a little. It gave me ideas as I was blogging and allowed me to write out instructions of writing that needed to be covered, as well as scenes that I needed to remember. Typing the content was not that hard. I just needed to be motivated to do it.

My writing is fairly good, at least I think so. I just need to learn to not procrastinate and put forth all my effort into the papers. I know I can get an A. I saw my introductions becoming more interesting. I need to have my information flow better in my next paper and present it in a cleaner way.

Peer review is good. It allows me to see what others are writing. It also allows me to see what they think of my paper, so I can change it if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment