Friday, October 22, 2010

Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 is an interesting movie. The main character, Montag, is a fireman. Instead of putting out fires, the fire department burns books. Although he works for them, Montag actually enjoys reading books. This is an illegal act. They think that books are rubbish and make people sad. Anyone who is to be caught with books in their homes will be arrested. Montag's television obsessed wife, see's him reading, and ends up turning him in to the authorities anonymously. Throughout all of this silly drama, Montag makes a friend. Clarisse is her name, and she is a book fanatic. She tells him of this place where people memorize books. She says that they "become the book." After they part ways, she goes to seek that place, while Montag is running from the town. He ends up there as well. It is truly a happily ever after ending.

I wanted to see this movie since I read the book in high school. It was not what I expected. I didn't expect the movie to be fantastic, but the acting was terrible. Besides the humor of it, the plot was good. I thought it was neat to put a picture with the book I read my sophomore year. I had visions of what the characters looked like and it was interesting to see how the director thought of them to be. I did not particularly enjoy the movie, but it was not a bad one to see. I would suggest it to people who have read the book and can appreciate the overall story line, rather than someone who is just seeing the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment