Monday, September 27, 2010

Specific Scene

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is just getting crazier as the chapters move on. Never did I imagine one of the humans having sex with an android. That was the scene where I found most interesting. Rick and Rachel were discussing the events still needing to be done, then they end up in bed together. I feel as if Rick knows he does not want to. On page 163, Rick even says that he needs to go home to his wife. He is doing exactly what Phil said to, which he never imagined doing. Clearly he did not kill her after, but how does he know he wont? I just do not believe that Rick is not freaking out about doing that. One, he has a wife and two, she is not real. That would just make me want to not do that. 

I found a few things confusing.
1. How is Rachel going to kill a fellow android, Pris?
2. I don't get the concept of the Mercer guy or the Buster guy. I thought, by the way they were described, that they were just simply made up identities. Androids are the only things they could be, yet they are still in question. I just thought that was weird.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to talk about your number 2 thing on the bottom. I'm a little confused about their identities as well. What I believe is that they are both androids and positions of "worship," they are to be juxtaposed, I'm just not exactly sure how yet. They both get a lot of attention from the public, some good, some bad. Just not sure how they are important yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you on this scene, it feels like we were thrown through a loop due to the fact that Rick had gotten into bed with Rachel even though he knew that she was an android and he is in fact a bounty hunter who's primary job is to kill androids. I feel as if the concepts with the Mercer and Buster guy are definitely some type of alter egos or made up characters in their world. It's hard to differentiate who is what and what is real in this book but I feel in the end that it will all come together.

    ReplyDelete